This article discusses the idea of “SEO killers,” new technologies that are believed to replace search engine optimization (SEO) strategies. The author argues that while new technologies like AI (specifically ChatGPT) may impact SEO, they will not replace it entirely. AI tools like ChatGPT are just another tool in the digital marketer’s toolbox, and they cannot replace the human understanding of user intent, competitive research, and market conditions. AI tools do not have an index or knowledge graph and do not store information the way search engines do. Therefore, they are not capable of crawling the internet or providing accurate information about current events. While search may continue to evolve, SEO will remain relevant as long as there are users seeking assistance and digital marketers influencing the process.
Learn more about limitations of AI in providing insights and fresh ideas, securing the future of SEO and ensuring the enduring value of human-authored content.
Digital transformation, including agile and devops, across many industries, most recently in higher education. Designed and built the Emory faculty information system. Working in continuing education to improve and expand career-focused learning, esp. in workforce development. Expanding the role of innovation and entrepreneurship. Designed, built, and launched the Emory Center for Innovation.
- Jasper is a useful tool for developing employee training.
- The IMF Warns About AI’s Impact on Inequality
- It’s going to take a century for artifical intelligence to be able to perform most human jobs. But there are going to be some key developments during the next decade.
- Many businesses are not yet prepared to fully reap the benefits of AI.
- Rose-tinted predictions for artificial intelligence’s grand achievements will be swept aside by underwhelming performance and dangerous results.
- Daring Fireball
- Manager Tools