We hear frequently, ever since The Experience Economy about designing experiences. We talk about the customer experience, the employee experience, and the student experience. Everything is an experience. Or, at least, everything is supposed to be an experience. Itâ€™s certainly not supposed to be a (mere) transaction. This reminds me of the term â€œpartnerâ€ in… Continue reading
It’s generally thought that teachers know everything and consultants know nothing. When you learn from a teacher, it’s through that you’re learning what they know. And when you get help from a consultant, you’re supposed to know that they are basically just project managing things, but they don’t really know more than you do. The… Continue reading
It’s commonly thought that innovation depends on some sort of creative bursting forth. There certainly seems to be this sort of generative innovation where something new is deliberately made. I wonder whether this kind of innovation is really so special and unique. I’m suspicious of explanations where “something magical happens”. So, I wonder if “creation”… Continue reading
Digital transformation, including agile and devops, across many industries, most recently in higher education. Designed and built the Emory faculty information system. Working in continuing education to improve and expand career-focused learning, esp. in workforce development. Expanding the role of innovation and entrepreneurship. Designed, built, and launched the Emory Center for Innovation.
- Jasper is a useful tool for developing employee training.
- The IMF Warns About AI’s Impact on Inequality
- It’s going to take a century for artifical intelligence to be able to perform most human jobs. But there are going to be some key developments during the next decade.
- Many businesses are not yet prepared to fully reap the benefits of AI.
- Rose-tinted predictions for artificial intelligence’s grand achievements will be swept aside by underwhelming performance and dangerous results.
- Daring Fireball
- Manager Tools